Live Webinar – Thursday, November 21, 2013 – 1:00-1:45 PM CT
Continuing our 2013 BDA Conference public finance panel discussion last month, this roundtable webinar dives deeper into municipal disclosure issues, as well the reemergence of bond insurance as a viable option for some issuers.
Please join our panel of municipal bond specialists to discuss these two timely topics:
- Disclosure details and suggested strategies. SEC Rule 15c2-12 requires ongoing disclosures by municipal securities issuers. We will provide a brief overview of required disclosures, material event qualifications and what issuers can do to prevent oversights. We’ll also touch on recent regulatory penalties and opine on the possible future consequences of failed disclosure.
- Municipal bond insurance reemergence. As an important credit enhancement, municipal bond insurance almost completely disappeared during the financial crisis of 2008-2009. Are we seeing an insurance reemergence for small to medium issuers? If so, how might bond insurance lower borrowing costs for local governments, benefit investors and help stabilize the market?
- John Hallacy, Managing Director, Assured Guaranty
- James M. Snyder, Partner, Ice Miller LLP
- Ronald P. Bernardi, Principal, President and CEO, Bernardi Securities
- Robert P. Vail, Vice President, Bernardi Securities (moderator)
Submit questions in advance for inclusion in the discussion. Panelists will address questions in the order they are received, as time allows.
More about John Hallacy
John Hallacy recently joined Assured Guaranty at the end of September. Previously, John served as the managing director, head of municipal research with Bank of America Merrill Lynch. In addition to his highly regarded accomplishments as a sell-side municipal analyst, he has significant experience in the bond insurance industry. He helped to establish two bond insurance companies and ran underwriting groups at both FGIC and MBIA. He started his career with Standard & Poor’s focusing on credit rating analysis across multiple sectors. He is a well-known speaker on topics related to the municipal market.
More about James M. Snyder
James M. Snyder regularly serves as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, bond purchaser’s counsel and special counsel on a variety of public finance transactions. Mr. Snyder is a board member of the Council of Development Finance Authorities and is a member of the Steering Committee for the National Association of Bond Lawyers Bond Attorney Workshop. Snyder is a frequent speaker on issues that involve economic development, bonds and other tools. Jim is also a certified public accountant. Jim was named by his peers to The Best Lawyers in America List this year.