Public Finance Investment Banker
Location: St. Louis (Southern Illinois) / Chicago
The objective of the position is to market the firm’s public finance services to new and existing clients (relationship management/client coverage), develop financing ideas, create presentations and plans of finance. Additionally, the role entails creating responses to request for proposals (RFPs), reviewing RFPs, and driving the deal execution process with junior team members and internal divisions, while ensuring regulatory and compliance duties are achieved.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing client presentations, analysis and responses to requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Execute financings; run and review numbers (new money, refunding, restructuring analysis with Munex/DBC and Excel) and review debt profiles; coordinating with internal and external parties
- Support senior bankers on business development activities and deal execution; generating and evaluating financial ideas and options for clients and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Extensive financial modeling
- Participate in client conference calls and meetings.
Knowledge and understanding of the following areas: firm’s products and services, financial markets, interest rate movements, economic indicators, municipal bonds and deal timelines and processes.
Previous municipal finance experience in the following areas: developing financial models to structure bond transactions, performing new money and refunding analyses using Munex including fixed rate bonds, current interest bonds, capital appreciation bonds and general obligation and revenue credits. Participating in the execution of senior managed deals including the coordination of all financing team members, due diligence activities, analyzing and structuring debt, analyzing financial legal documentation, presenting financing and credit analysis plans to clients and creating investor presentations.
Qualifications and Skills
Vice President or Senior Associate Qualifications:
- Minimum of three years of public finance investment banking or municipal advisor
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.), Bloomberg, Municipal Market Data (MMD) and an orientation to research databases and financial modeling software (Munex or DBC).
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Strong accounting and financial statement analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple engagements in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Series 7 or 52 and 63 licenses
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
Depending on relevant experience, we will consider the appropriate title to offer qualified candidates. Competitive compensation package and benefits determined based on experience.
Please send resume to email@example.com
Bernardi Securities, Inc. & Bernardi Asset Management LLC are equal opportunity employers.